Welcome to the village of East Clandon, Surrey
The Surrey village of East Clandon, 4 miles east of Guildford is made up of 110 homes clustered around the communal buildings of the 12th century Church of St Thomas of Canterbury, The Queen's Head pub and the village hall. The tiny 2.25-square-mile (586 hectare) parish landscape at the foot of the North Downs includes a traditional country estate, arable and livestock farmlands, woodlands, a golf course and Hatchlands Park, a National Trust property.
The village has been here for well over 900 years having been recorded in the Domesday Book in 1086 and several houses date back to the 16th and 17th centuries. Much of the village is a Conservation area and over 50 buildings are Statutory Listed or Locally Listed buildings.
In 2000 the East Clandon Parish Council funded the first village website with a Millennium grant which brought the information revolution, a community email and a website to East Clandon. In 2010 the website was upgraded to celebrate the growing activities, services and skills found in the community, to provide a number of online resources and to offer a wider range of information about the village to past, present and future residents and visitors.
Village Clean Up 2016
In a flurry of spring snow, 35 villagers, children and a dog turned out on Saturday 5th March to spring clean the village's lanes, highways, byways and footpaths. 55 royal purple 'Clean for the Queen' bags of rubbish were amassed at the Village Hall with assorted roadside debris. Kettles, hubcaps, poles, road signs and more were removed.
Bunting and flags festooned the cake table and pictured below are some of the villagers enjoying home- baked cakes and a much needed warming coffee.